With built-in detection of over 100 issues, Safeguard takes direct, preemptive action to protect against problems or ailments on your Mac and avoid data loss or unplanned downtime, all for free.
Safeguard from digginIT will alert you in advance of common issues, so you can avoid impending problems. Through precise error detection and historical status and inventory reporting, we will help you take a proactive approach to Mac maintenance, setup and security.
12 reasons you'll want SafeGuard on your Mac are:
1. Powerful Error Detection - Custom plugins systematically detect potential issues and reduce troubleshooting time by reporting details and configuration information.
2. Inventory Reporting - Quickly download demographic information like serial numbers, license expirations, RAM, OS version, and warranty status*.
3. Lightweight Agent - The monitoring agent uses minimal resources, runs hourly in the background, and never disrupts users from their work.
4. View Historical Status - Plugin history details when problems begin, measure severity, and provide the insight needed to resolve problems quickly.
5. Server Software - More often than not, what defines a server is the software that runs on it. Safeguard checks on that software to make sure it’s operating correctly and will report critical information such as availability, utilization, license expirations, proper backup functionality, and more.
6. Backup Systems - It's never a matter of “if” your hard drive will fail, but “when”. That’s why it’s so important that you not only backup but regularly check if that the backup is being completed successfully. Luckily, with Safeguard, we do all the checking so you don’t have to. We will alert you if we see the backups not being performed as expected.
7. Disk Drives - Running low on disk space can happen suddenly and when it does, it has real potential to corrupt a system and cause data loss. Watchman Monitoring can alert you well before that ever happens. We’ll also alert you to any disk input/output (I/O) errors (a precursor to a drive failure), boot disk selection changes, false mounts, and more.
8. RAID Systems - We’ll help you avoid costly downtime due to RAID failures from Apple and SoftRaid by warning you at the earliest signs of trouble. Combined with our world-class backup monitoring you can rest assured knowing your data is secure.
9. Networks - Slow network performance can be caused by things like poor cable quality, failing network hardware, or even your ISP having a bad day. We’ll help narrow down the cause by alerting you when there’s an excessive number of network errors. We can even let you know when a computer’s IP address changes.
10. System Performance - Keeping a computer running at it’s peak performance is easy with Safeguard. We’ll alert you to productivity-robbing issues such as failing laptop batteries, kernel panics, faulty RAM, unscheduled reboots, and even failed power-on self-tests (POST) which usually go unnoticed.
11. Malware - No single malware detection software can find all threats. digginIT Safeguard helps out by providing an additional layer of malware checking to your existing solution.
12. Demographics - While we’re rummaging around inside the computer looking for problems, we also report back other helpful information such as machine name, last logged in user, serial number, RAM, model number, OS & firmware versions, processors, uptime, last check-in, and more.